Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wake me up when the warm weather is back!

Hello from freezin' Mayberry!  It was a cold one at the flea market today.  I didn't even go down there until after ten o'clock when it finally hit 51 degrees.  My stall faces the north and is usually about 10 degrees cooler than the out doors.  Wonderful in hot weather....not so good on days like today.  I stood out in the sun as much as I could and bundled up in my rag quilt the rest of the time.  I am ice cold and am going to go turn on the electric mattress pad and camp under the covers.  But before I do that, I have a little goody to show you!  This is the Mother's Day card that I made for my mom.  She thought it was very pretty.  The Happy Mother's Day and leaves are a digital image that I printed and colored with colored pencils and did some blending with an Aqua Painter.  The flowers were made with the Big Shot and the Birds and Blooms die.  The center is punched out of scraps with a 1/4" hole punch.  I keep a little drawer full of punched circles and use them like crazy for flower centers.  It just finishes them off.  I love the Birds and Bloom's die, and love the shape of those flowers.  It is so fun to mix and match colors and use up scraps.  "Love you" was stamped with the Stampin' Up stamp set Short and Sweet in Regal Rose and punched out with the small oval punch.  The pretty in pink buttons were embossed, and I am not sure if you can see it real well unless you click on the picture and enlarge it, but I made a strip of grass along the bottom of the flower.  The DSP is some retired paper out of my scrap bin and is mounted on Tempting Turquoise Card Stock, and the flower panel is mounted on Certainly Celery.  I used another border punch with a DSP scrap for the strip above the flower, and then a So Saffron strip I mounted underneath the card panel.  I really struggled making this card last night and haven't felt that way for along time.  It really took a lot of fiddling to make it look good.  Oh...and I almost forgot to tell you that the flower panel was sponged with several different colors, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, and Certainly Celery.  And I did paper piercing along the stem and sewed it with some green crochet cotton.  One last look....yep....that covers everything!  Off to my nice warm bed!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment