Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A busy day

Hello!  I made this card this morning while talking to Jenna on the phone.  It is the stamp set Eastern Blooms and the verse is from Short & Sweet.  I used my ink pads and aqua painter to paint the flowers and I used liquid pearls for the gold dots on the stamens.  The other night I could not think of the name of glitter glue at stamping and I thought of it this morning while drying my hair.  They are called Stickles and come in all different colors.  The liquid pearls comes in a similar type little bottle that you squeeze.  It reminds me of the days when I used to decorate sweatshirts with squeeze bottle paints!  Any hoo....I digress.  I took a white gel pen to the leaves and it really made them "pop" out.  I also used the scalloped edge punch, large oval punch, and the scalloped oval punch.  I haven't played with this set for awhile, but I sure do love it when I do.  It is really fun to work with.  Mom was over this morning and I helped her with dad's new cell phone.  Then I quick popped in the shower and headed out to Lady Di's as she had asked me to go to the Rapids with her this afternoon.  Bernie had his hair cut.  So we had a couple of hours to shop.  We went to Walmart, Cartridge World, and to Lighthouse.  We ended the day with a trip to Apple Bee's for dinner.  We both had gift cards to use.  I am still using the one from my birthday from the girls.  I can eeek out almost one more meal on what I have left on it.  The gift that keeps on giving....lol  Until tomorrow!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment