Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another day in Paradise

One of the things I often hear at my stamping events is that sometimes the gals don't want to send out there cards to people as they put so much time, effort, and love into them and some people just quickly throw them away.  I quickly made two of this card tonight and thought it would be a good sample to show at Beth's party on Monday night.  It could be used for male or female and has a nice clean look to it.  The card base is Taken with Teal, then Whisper White, and the squares are punched with the 1 3/8" square punch and rounded on one corner with the corner rounder.  I used the colors: Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal, Summer Sun, and Garden Green.  The stamp set I used is called Party Hearty and is such a nice set.  It is on page 69 of the catalog if you would like to take a look at the other images in the set.  Also if you look on the side bar under Party Hearty you can see what else I have posted on here using that set.  The CELEBRATE YOU fits perfectly in the scalloped circle punch.  I just love that.  Then I stamped the package and punched that out with the 3/4" circle punch and popped it up with a dimensional.  The stamp-ma-jig makes the party hearty perfect on the bottom to give a professional look.  I was paid a very high comment this weekend by a stamper looking at my greeting cards.  She told me that I do such nice work and that they look very professional.  I thought that was really nice.  Maybe she will join us sometime.  It is always fun to have new people!
Not much new around here.  I started the baby quilt last night and got 10 blocks done.  Today I was picking up some things around here, did some paper work, made Meat-za-Pie, and Breezy mowed the lawn.  Jenna was off today and I spent several hours on the phone talking to her.  I think I will go play in the stamping room for a little while before heading to bed.  See ya tomorrow!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment