Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tag treat

 
Good Evening!  It was kind of a nutsy day in Mayberry today.  Lots of phone calls, drop ins, and computer chat.  But I did manage to get my projects cut for Danna's stamping party on March 8th.   The only reason I was able to get that done is that I already had it planned what we were going to do.   I just finished up cutting the second project.  I had hoped to be done earlier but I had took the lap top with me to rest on the bed and guess who fell asleep sitting straight up in bed with the computer on her lap!?!?!?  No....it wasn't Molly or Taffy although they were sleeping too!  ME!! Boy I was mad when I woke up at 8 as I hadn't intended on napping.  It always amazes me how I can fall asleep with the tv blaring, lights on, and sitting straight up.  Oh well, I must have needed it.
Today's project is one of the samples I will be bringing on the 8th.  I borrowed Diane's two  tag die (p.198)  which we will be using to make an absolutely adorable project with, and while I have it, I thought I would make up a couple of more things you can do with it.  You will have to come to see how it open's up, but it will hold 3 Andes mints inside of it or another little treat.  This would be great to give someone who has given you good service some where.  A clerk, a waitress, whoever.  You could keep a few of these tucked in your purse or pocket, just ready to brighten someone's day.  Everyone loves to feel appreciated.  The circle was made with the 1 3/4 circle punch.  But before I punched it out, I used my Classy Brass, Punches Plus that is on p.188 of the catalog.  It is such a handy tool and I don't use it near as often as I should.  I should leave it laying on my desk so I remember to use it.  I am one of those people that if it is out of sight, it is out of mind.  You can dry emboss with it too but in this case I just used it to do the paper piercing around the circle.  Then I stamped it with the stamp set from Eight Great Greetings.  I have found that several of the stamps in this set fit inside the 1 3/4" Circle punch which is pretty cool.  I made the leaf branches to match the stamp with the little Sizzlet leaf die.  Such a perfect match.  And I love the textured card stock, and would love to use that on all my projects.  I popped up the circle with dimensionals and took some retired gingham ribbon to tie a bow on the top of the tag.  A fun, quick project, and it could be quickly changed for different holidays.  There are a lot of different occasions to choose from in the stamp set Eight Great Greetings...check it out!  It's on page 46!!

No comments:

Post a Comment