Saturday, February 6, 2010

A bumming we will go....

Today was road trip day for Lady Di and I.  We went to the Dells and Baraboo area and hit all the thrift shops and to Walgreen's.  We had lunch at Burger KIng and had blizzards at Dairy Queen.  It was a fun day....and this tells you how much I have corrupted Di...and how much she loves me :-D .....she really does not like thrift shopping and when I first met her, I could never get her to go with me.  And today she spent a whole day of it!  Now is that a good friend or what!?!?!

Today's card uses the stamp set Well Scripted, the new Polka Dot embossing folder and the highlight of the card are the butterflies and they were made with the new Stampin' Up Embosslit die Beautiful Wings.  It cuts and embosses the butterflies all in one step.  They turn out so cool!  I thought this would be a good card to show as the little lavender pearls that I put on the large butterfly were a thrift shop find.  I found a whole bag of pill bottles full of different colors pearls, all this size.  Today I found the tiniest little jingle bell's that will be cute to put on a Santa Hat, or on a collar on a reindeer at Christmas time.  I also found some tiny miniature wooden spool and already have a plan cooked up for them.  I just love finding all those little goodies at the thrift shop.  Di laughs at me, and I said to her, You just wait, you are going to be saying, can I borrow some of those little jingle bells some day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment