Sunday, February 21, 2010

Celebrating my birthday with the girls


Yesterday is the day I had been waiting for.  I got to spend the whole day with both of my girls, and Zach too.  It was a very long day for me and will probably take me days to recover from, but it was well worth it!  I left town around 8:30 and headed to the Dells and hit the thrift shop there.  I found a couple of chunks of fabric there.  Next stop was St. Vinnies in Reedsburg.  I didn't find much there but did buy 3 articles of clothing that I will tear apart for crafting at a quarter a piece.  Also found a couple of daily quote books that I will use in my tag making.  I do love recycling.  I have been doing that LONG before it became popular to become GREEN!  I also found some funky cord for card making, and bought a couple of old aluminum jello molds that I am going to use instead of baskets for displaying some of the items I am making in.  And I did leave a quilt top their that I thought about purchasing but didn't.  It had pointy edges and I knew it would be a ton of work to finish.  It is probably one of the reason's it got there....lol  I made one more thrift store stop and hit the jackpot there with finding a pedestal cake stand.  Angela has several that I really like, and I decided I needed to try and keep up with the July's...LOL  Just kidding.  I am not sure if I will put pincushions on it or may make felt sugar cookies for mine. Carol and I bought tiny beads to do that years ago.  I think she has them. And I will use it at times for cakes and cookies. I headed over to Sarah's and got there around noon as we planned.  We visited and she finished stirring up lunch while we waited for Jenna.  She made us homemade BBQ pizza, which I think is a bisquick recipe with pears and green beans.  The girls gave me a gift card for AppleBee's so I will be able to have my "cowboy" burgers, as Jenna said.  So that will be fun.  Jenna and Antonio had a special flaun (sp?) cake that Roberto made for me.  It was really different.  I have never had anything quite like that.  I don't know how to begin to describe it.  Just that it is something that you would probably order in a very expensive restaurant.  The little boys from Milwaukee surprised all of us by calling and wishing me a happy birthday.  We watched the movie "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" and that was pretty funny.  For dinner, Sarah had made us a beef roast, potato's and carrot's in the slow cooker.  Oh and in the afternoon, Zach had made us homemade popcorn on the stove.  We played a game of scrabble in the evening and Jenna beat the pants off of us.  Then we spent a couple of hours watching ONE out of two disc's of wedding photo's.  We had fun looking at them.  Seeing things we missed, and reliving a beautiful memory.  Lot's of beautiful pictures and Jenna is just glowing in them.  I left around 10:45, way later than I had planned but the pictures went on forever!!!  I decided that while I was down there, I should grocery shop so went to Lake Delton Walmart and grocery shopped.  By the time I got home and got the van unloaded, it was 1:30am.  I saved about $30.00 with coupon's so that was great.  I put groceries away, answered a couple of emails and headed to bed around 2:30.  I figure it will take me several days to recover from this one as that is really overdoing it for me, but I wanted to get the most out of my gas money dollars.  It sure was a fun day though!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Birthday with the Girls was a fun day. I thought you were going to say "I stayed overnight and came home in the morning". LOL! You are a night owl!Hope you are feeling okay and getting recuperated. Was that a "flan" cake?

    ReplyDelete