Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fabric Brooches

 
Hello!  It has been a busy day here in Mayberry today!  My stamping order arrived and I got that all unpacked and repacked ready to go out.  My neighbor Debi was over today to buy a pincushion, Sandy Renner was just here to pick up the orders that need to be delivered, and I have had numerous phone calls.  I did manage to get the dishes done and the tags for the 9 pin cushions done that I started earlier in the week so now those are finished.  Sandy Wellumson was here to pick up her order and I was showing her the projects that I have been working on and also my new quilt.  She thinks it is definitely from the 40's also, and she thought it was in very good condition.  The reason it is thin she said is that it was a summer quilt, that is why there isn't wool in it.  She loved the color's in it too.  I had her try to guess what I had paid for it, and she said well if it was in an antique shop, you would have paid about $300.00 and she is right about that, as I sold quilts similar to this one in that price range.  Sandy did not know what pattern this was and neither do I.  She said she was going to look it up in one of her quilt books.  Now that I think of it, I have a book that may tell the pattern of it too, I will have to look it up.  Sandy brought me a beautiful card that she made and a very pretty fat quarter.  It is pinkish with leaves on it.  I will have to make something special with it!  I also had a very nice card come in the mail today from Kathy Seymer.  So my birthday is continuing on!  Love it!

These fabric brooches I made with the Big Shot and the Fancy flower folds die.  I just love making them and have been having a blast picking out buttons for the flower center.  Some of them have some really cool buttons on them.  Fabric brooches are all the rage and have been selling in catalogs for between $16.00 and $40.00.  I am selling them for $10.00.  They look great on jackets, denim, tote bags, purses, etc. and they make a nice gift.
Well, I am off to rest.  I am not feeling the greatest today.  Have a good night!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment