Friday, February 19, 2010

Paper Piecing

Hello!  This is a card I made one day last week.  I love paper piecing.  It is very time consuming and piddly but I love how it looks when it is done.  Don't know what paper piecing is!?!?  Well, first you stamp your image on your card stock.  Then you stamp it again on patterned paper, and cut out the images that you want to paper piece.  In this case I stamped it on two different pattern papers.  The scarf, boots, and mittens are one pattern, cut out, and then glued on top of the background layer, carefully matching up the original stamped image.  The hat and coat are also paper pieced with a different pattern paper.  I colored the face, snowballs, pants, and the ground underneath her.  You can click on the picture to make it larger to see more detail if you would like too.  The snowflakes have some Icicle Stickles on them to make them sparkle a little and I love the embossed background with Stampin' Up! Perfect Petals embossing folder.  You will be seeing some more paper piecing in the near future as I worked on magnets today and did paper piecing on some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment