Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cards for Freddy

Hi!  I just read this post on another demonstrator's blog and it moved me to share it all with you to reach out to this poor little guy, and brighten his day with a card.  As my late Aunt Gwen would say...you can always look around and see some one worse off then yourself.  I am so thankful for the blessings in my life.  Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers!  Elaine

Here is the note from Lisa Flynn:

Hi Stamping Friends!

I know our Stampin’ Up! community has the most generous and wonderful people in the world. I would like to make a plea for cards for my mentally ill grandson.

Long story short – my husband and I are raising our 8 year old severely bipolar grandson. (My daughter gave him up, because she couldn’t deal with his illness). He has been on 15 different medications over the last four years and has been up and down with their effectiveness. Freddy has been very unstable for quite some time. Even he knew it. So, he has been hospitalized in an effort to get his medications straightened out and control his severe mood swings. Freddy was agreeable to going, as he is also exhausted from the shifts in his body. He will probably be in the hospital for a minimum of 2-4 weeks.

Please keep him in your prayers and if you have time, he would LOVE to get some mail. Hospital stays are lonely, especially for child. Mail would really help cheer him up. You can write to Freddy at this address:

Freddy Golnek
% Stony Lodge Hospital
The Children's Unit
40 Croton Dam Road
Ossining, New York 10562

I would love to inundate him with mail, as he does suffer from abandonment issues thanks to my daughter and his dad, who has been in prison most of Freddy’s life. If you have a blog and would like to link to the post below to help reach more stampers – please feel free. Thank you so much. I hate to be a bother, but I just love this child more than life itself. Thanks so much!

Lisa Flynn

No comments:

Post a Comment