Monday, May 18, 2009

Isabelle's Dance Recital








I promised you some pictures from Isabelle's Dance Recital so here goes. They do not allow any picture taking or camcording during the performances so you have to get your pictures before and after the show or during intermission. Let me tell you...this is considerably hard to do. I took a lot more pictures than this but deleted them as they were blurry. The kids are just so wound up...that every thing is just a sea of movement. I met Isabelle and Melissa in the parking lot before the show and snapped a few pictures of her in her first costume. She did her first performance to the song "I want candy" so this costume was so very fitting for that song and they all looked so very cute! Her second routine was to Music Box Dancer. She does such a good job. I am so proud of her! The costumes for this recital are out of this world, great music and lighting, and I have to say that going to this dance recital is a highlight of my year! Melissa got me what I call, the best seat in the house. They wanted me to come up and sit with them during the second half of the show, way up on top. I thanked them for the offer but said no way was I giving up my best seat in the house! We bought the ticket months ago. They allow the dance students parents to purchase in the reserved seating and I guess there is quite a line up when this happens. My seat was 6 rows from the stage and on a aisle and it was absolutely perfect as I could see all the expressions on the kids faces, and I didn't have to look through a bunch of heads. Great Job Melissa!!! She chaperone's the kids in the back during the performance and helps do there hair, etc. What a job!

The little ones...the 3 and 4 year old's were my favorite. There costumes were so cute and it was so funny to watch them try and do there dances. They would get out of line and have to run to catch up, or they would do a twirl and then just continue to twirl and twirl...or then there was the one that was suppose to be tapping her foot with her leg extended and she was pounding it...absolutely adorable and I was dieing laughing along with the audience. And it amazed me how large the teen age group was but they had really fun music and awesome routines so I understand why they want to be a part of it all. It was so neat to see the joy on there faces and some of them you could tell just loved every minute of it. It was a wonderful evening.

Today I have been resting...unfortunately, but that goes with the territory. A million things I would rather be doing but I have forced myself to behave today. If you get the opportunity...go to this dance recital next year. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment