Thursday, May 14, 2009

Community Quilting







I went to Community Quilting today and thought I would share a picture of the gals that were there today and the projects they are working on. For those of you that don't know, Community Quilting is a volunteer group that makes quilts that go to the needy. We help many organizations. Nursing homes, hospitals, social services, emergency rescue, sheriff department squad cards, domestic abuse, parenting class for new mother's, tornado and fire victims, etc. We work with so many different agencies to provide quilts to help those in there time of need. Last year the group produced and gave away over 200 quilts! The volunteer's donate there time and all materials are donated. If you can help us in any way, we would sure appreciate it. You do not need to know how to sew to help. We need people to do pressing and tieing, and at the moment we could really use donations of the following things: quilt batting, mattress pads, blankets, thread, fabric, new flat sheets (we use these for backing quilts). If you are not sure what to purchase, donations of money are always appreciated. Please help us to continue this worthy cause!

I was telling the gals that I was going to put this on the blog today and Pat Monroe started goofing around and put the piece of red fabric around her head and made this serious face...and said "I am a little old lady who needs a quilt". I was laughing so hard when I snapped the picture that it is a little blurry. Anywhoo...if you would like to contribute in any way, you can contact me at quilter7@verizon.net, 606-403-4398, or Elaine Wilson, 508 West Street, Friendship, WI 53934

I came home around 1 today and did a few things before taking a nap. After I got up..I had a chocolate craving and decided to go to Pamida. It was my lucky day as I found some on sale and found some great 4 packs of towels on clearance. The really cool thing is that they had them all bundled up with pieces of twill and I will be able to use that for making cards too! I always like to joke that I was a depression baby...as I can't throw anything away and am always recycling things! Well I am off to make a salad (gotta counter act those chocolate calories...tee hee) and then I plan on prepping some towels to applique! Have a good one! Me

No comments:

Post a Comment