Friday, May 8, 2009

Chocolate & Friends


Hi! I escaped from Dodge today....after being home for 4 days straight! First thing this morning, Breezy stopped over with the chair he was repairing for me. He put new roller's on the bottom of it. Then the roofer and a helper were here to finish up caulking and fixing a hole in the soffit. So the roofers are finished now. A package came today from Colleen, my demonstrator friend that lives in Oregon. We swap cards that we make in our stamp camps and then show each other's cards to our stamping groups. Our stamping styles are very different so it is good for our gals to see some totally different type cards! In my package today was a book called A Cat's Little Instruction Book. It has the cutest cover and one of those books you can put up by your knick knacks as it is a decoration in itself. I read the book and it is pretty funny. Read it when you come to visit....some of it is so true about cats! Some of the things I swear my cats wrote for the instruction book. The next thing on the agenda was a quick shower and then Susie and I went to the Rapids to Light House Books. She was looking for some masculine stamps for Father's Day. They were out of the ones that we liked in the flyer. I think they are going to call Susie about them when they come in. Any ways, we got to thinking about some that SU has that will work good for masculine cards. Then Susie treated me to ice cream at Culvers. Yummy! When I arrived back home there was a cute tin with some goodies in it and some Hershey's kisses from Melissa. And yesterday I had a Mother's Day card from my mom with some Moolah in it. So I have really been spoiled again by all the wonderful people in my life! I am one lucky girl...that is for sure! I rested awhile and caught up on some back episodes of Guiding Light. Molly was snuggling with me. She is such a cuddle bug. She loves to lay her head on my shoulder, throw an arm over mine and wrap her self around my arm. I wish I could take a picture of it but can't. Lady Di popped in to borrow a stamp set while she was in town grocery shopping. Tonight I made a card with the stamp I bought at Light House. As many of you know, I collect Hershey's chocolate items, and I also collect stamps with sayings about chocolate. Well I found a nice one today so made a fast card with it to show you. I think it turned out pretty cute. The "kisses" on it I made with the Big Shot and a quickutz die called chocolate drop. I think they make the most adorable kisses. I love it! Oh....and speaking of chocolate.....tomorrow's sample at the flea market will be Truffle Fudge Brownies. Yummy....come and try one! Hugs & kisses...tee hee! Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment