Tuesday, March 23, 2010

High ho, high ho, off to Camp I go....


Hello!  Well...did you miss me while I was gone!?!?!  I came home on Sunday night after being gone since early Friday morning to a quilting retreat that Angela July host's at the Silver Birch Ranch at White Lake, WI.  I had a fabulous time and did not want to come home!  Seriously...I have had lots of good times with people and my stamper's but 3 full days of solid fun and laughter...well I don't think I have had that much fun since high school!  It was an absolute blast and Angela did such a good job organizing it.
The top picture is of the dining hall.  There was a scrap booking retreat going on at the same time and they worked in part of the dining room.  We some times sat at tables with some of them during meals and became friends with them too.  I took this picture from near the chapel where we worked in, so you can see that we did not have far to walk for our meals.  The lower picture was taken from the same spot.  I just turned to the right.  It was a play ground area and the building in the far right was the canteen, rec. room, gift shop area.  A beautiful new building.  We could pretty much do what we wanted to do all weekend.  Every one brought their own projects to work on.  We would sew and talk, and laugh.  I thought I would get sore from sitting and sewing but I really didn't as someone would stop over to see what you were working on, and you would be standing up and showing them, or someone would say come and see this, and you would be over there looking at something. So I was up and down which helped.  Plus we would walk to the dining room for our meals, and to our cabins to go to the bathroom as the chapel did not have a rest room.  I took a rest break every afternoon, and would immediately fall asleep as soon as I hit the pillow, wake up and be recharged again.  I took pain meds. too, but am so very thank that I was able to go.  It was an absolute blast.  Friday, started kind of on the wrong foot.  Every one arrived at the camp after 10, and set up their sewing space.  We each had an 8 foot table to ourselves to work on and spread our stuff out on.  We then went to our cabins and got our stuff put in there, made our beds, and then headed back to the chapel.  We had lunch in the dining room.  Well after lunch, one of the gals hit a small patch of ice and fell.  It was near the area where the fence curves in the top picture.  She couldn't get up and an ambulance was called.  Everyone felt so bad for her, and the ground was cold, and they were trying to keep her warm until the ambulance got there.  They took her to a hospital and her friend went with her.  They sent her home on crutches, and with pain meds, she was badly bruised.  She had fell on her hip and the other hip she had already had hip replacement on so we were all concerned about that.  A lot of praying was done and I hope she is okay.  I did not see her fall as they had some stamps set up for sale in the lobby and I was looking at them when it happened but saw her down when I came out.  To be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment