Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Emma on the tree stump

Hello!  I am up late tonight.  I ran out of steam around 4:30 and took the lap top with me to bed.  I did a little Iming with Colleen and then Di called.  After writing to Ron, I conked out around 5:30 and ended up sleeping till 7.  I don't like that when it happens but not much I can do it.  My body crashes when it wants too.  But I was up in the sewing room after that and got a lot of cutting done and I sewed a little quilt.  I have the top pieced, borders on, and it all sandwiched and pinned together.  I started getting tired again so came down about a half hour ago, and then Jenna called.  It always makes me nervous when the phone rings this late but when I see Jen's name on caller ID, I know everything is OK.  She was just getting off work and took a chance that I would still be up.  Funny thing is that she rarely wakes me up, almost like an ESP between us that she calls on the nights I am still up.  Earlier today, I went to the library and Practical Cents.  I found a few good things for displaying, a couple of cute tops, an old bingo game (I will use the cards and wood pieces for altering projects), a napkin holder to alter, and a small bowl that is the same color pink as the quilt I recently found so I think it is from the 40's, or possibly 50's.  I am not sure what I am going to do with that yet, but I love the color of it!  ;-D  It would be cool to make it into a pincushion.  Susie came over for a visit and I showed her how to make the brooches with the flower fold die.  Her die will be arriving on Thursday.  She wants to make some for gifts.  My neighbor Debi was over and bought a pincushion for a gift.  She sure likes giving them for little gifts to people.  After Susie left, I made 3 more brooches so I got a total of 4 of them done today.  This is one of the nine magnets I made yesterday.  They are all a little bit different.  Either the color of their hair, or the color of their outfits, or how I laid out the pieces for the sun, and some have a little butterfly flying in the air.  More and more, the stuff I am creating is one of a kind.  Have a great day!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment