Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sarah's surgery

Hello-  I thought that I would give you an update about Sarah's surgery.  Everything went well.  We had a very long day as we were up at 6;30 to have breakfast as she couldn't eat after 7.  Zach went out snowplowing around 5 am I think, not sure exactly as I was sleeping upstairs.  I take my cell phone up there so that Sarah can call me if she needs me.   Our day was full of activity and phone calls, and they finally had us leave for the hospital in Baraboo after 2pm.  She went into surgery at 2:50 and came out around 5:30.  The surgeon said all went well with the surgery.  I asked how long she would be on crutches and he said atleast 6 weeks and she should be able to put light pressure on it by then.  So at this point in time, I am guessing that I will be here at least 6 weeks, maybe longer depending upon how things heal. Her nurse for the evening had jumped out of a burning building that was 25 or 30 feet off the ground when she was 22, the same age as Sarah, and she had the same surgery that Sarah just had.  She shared her story with us, along with her up's and down's and battles she has had to face.  She really has had a long haul, and many surgeries, but at 31 she is now walking with out a cane, and is pain free.  Sarah was very happy to meet her.  I asked Sarah if she had scared her at all, and she said no, that she knew that this isn't going to be an easy road ahead of her.  So we will take things one day at time, and pray her healing goes well.  That is all we can do.  I am just so glad to be here to help her and support her.  Please keep us all in your prayers!  Love, Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment