Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sarah's doctor's appointment

Hello-  Sarah's doctor's appointment went well.  They removed the stitches and staples.  She has two screws holding the rod in place in the knee and two in the ankle.  She can take a shower tomorrow afternoon but will need to sit down to take it as she can't stand.  We are thinking of using a folding chair.  She switched her medication from Oxycotin to Vicoden late this afternoon and so far it is working well.   She was just having so many side effects from the Oxy that she thought she would give it a try.  She has two excerises she can do.  One is to have a towel put under her leg and then she is to try to press her knee down into it.  The other excerise is to lift her leg.  We can help her do this until she can do it on her own.  Her leg is now unbandaged, and it feels so different to lift it for her without that.  She was able to wiggle her toes a little bit today and can move the knee a little the past few days, so she is improving.  Her next doctor's appointment is April 12.  Zach went to get bandages after we got her settle in, and brought us all back ice cream.  They have a great ice cream shop in town.  He got me Peanut Butter cup.  Yum, yum.  Sarah says she is going to break my chocolate and computer addiction while I am here.  LOL  And Zach threatened to take the lap top back to his folks house.   And little do they know, I hardly get on the computer at all here compared to when I am at home!!!   I said that you have to keep the slaves happy.....lol  That is what Sarah calls Zach and I, her slaves.  She says that she has to keep the slave ALIVE so that I can take care of her if she needs me again.  :-D  Well, I wish them much lucky on reforming me.  Any whoo....the icecream was a wonderful treat.  Mom called tonight, and so did Beth and I had nice long visits with both of them as Zach didn't go to fire practice and was home tonight.  He decided that he had better rest up tonight so that he doesn't get sick.  So far, everyone seems to be okay.  I think the ice cream cured every one.  Ha Ha :-D 

I was just on the Stampin' UP Demonstrator website and I looked at the upcoming Summer Mini Catalog that will be starting in May.  Oh man....you guys are going to love it!!!   Lots and lots of cool things that you are going to want.   It is really going to be hard for me to decide what to order first to show you! 

Don't forget, you have till the end of the month to get your order's in for Sale-A-Bration!!!!
Have a good night!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment