Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Aunt Helen's Cherry Dessert

The dessert I made for the Rag Bag class was a big hit and I promised Becky that I would put the recipe on the blog.  So....here you go kiddo!!!!

Aunt Helen's Cherry Dessert

Make a graham cracker crust and place it in the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan.  I used two cups (1 sleeve of graham crackers) crushed, 1/3 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of melted butter, mixed together and patted into the bottom of the pan.  I reserved some crumbs to put on the top of the dessert.

In a large bowl, mix 1 can of Cherry Pie filling, 1 can of sweetened condescend milk, 1 regular sized can of crushed pineapple (drained), and 12 oz of cool whip.  Spread the mixture over the top of the graham cracker crumbs, and then garnish the top of the dessert with reserved graham cracker crumbs.  Refrigerate.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment