Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New tulip towel

Doesn't this towel make you "Think Spring!"
It is a new tulip towel that I have been making.  Funky and fun!!!

A busy day here in Dallman land!  Sarah Jo and the two kids were here for a visit this afternoon.  Zach got off work early today due to the rain, so we met him out at Jimmy's house so that Sarah could take a shower.

I spent a lot of time on the phone today.  Diane had to have emergency gallbladder surgery tonight.  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.  Today was Breezee's funeral too, and our hearts were with Nancy and family even though we could not attend.  We will really miss him, the flea market won't be the same with out him this year.

I fell asleep on the bed tonight with the lap top next to me, and when I woke up, the laptop which was right next to my right side, had burnt my skin through my shirt!  I have a big red blotch and a white mark on my skin.  When Zach came home from fire drill, I said to him, I need an EMT.  He said why?  I told him what had happened and showed him the burn.  He laughed, and couldn't believe it.  Since then he has been teasing me.....when I went upstairs to go to bed, he says to me "Don't burn yourself ! "  I have a sneaking suspicion that I am never going to hear the end of that one!  LOL

Zach doesn't have any plans this weekend so the kids decided to give me a break and that I could go home for the weekend.  So I will be coming home some time on Friday night.  It will feel strange to leave here, but it will be good to sleep in my own bed for a few nights, and to see the kitties.  I have big plans to get some stamping done!!!!!  And some cleaning.....:-(  Probably more of the first !  :-D

Jenna had a job interview for Spanish medical translating today, and she felt it went very well.  So we are hoping that she gets this job as it would work so well with her family.  The next step if chosen would be to take a test next week, and if hired, she would start the following week.  They are looking for someone for weekdays, Mon. thru  Fri. and you tell them when you are available to work for the next week, and then they schedule appointments in those time slots.  So this would be perfect for her to work around Antonio and Diana's schedule.  Antonio is always off Tuesday's so she plans on reserving that for a family day, but otherwise I think she will try and work when he is off.  He works a lot of hours on the weekends, and has been working a lot at night.  So are thoughts are if God feels it is the right timing for her family for her to get this job, if not, she will be content until it is the right time.

Sarah has been getting herself in and out of bed now and it is great to see her making such good progress.  The past two days have been pretty good for her as far as feeling sick.  Switching back to Vicoden has been a good thing for her as the side effects of the Oxycotin were terrible for her.  She still gets nausea when the pain medication is wearing off, she is stretching it to six hours right now, but she says she can distract herself pretty good now, unlike before.  So this is good news. 

Sarah's class has been chattering on face book about having a five year class reunion, and after we talked about it today, she decided, after I suggested it, that she is going to start a memorial scholarship fund for her friend Kendra that past away last year.  Kendra was very good at Art, so Sarah would like the scholarship to go to an Art major.  So she was busy making some phone calls today to find out more information on how to get this started.  So far, she has had a positive response from her classmates about doing this.

That"s all for today folks!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment