Saturday, January 9, 2010

Yes....I am still alive!


Hello!  I am sorry I haven't posted for a few days.  On Wednesday I went to a quilt shop that I had not been to before in Menasha, and boy it was a nice one.  I throughly enjoyed it.  My quilting friends out there...if you want to make a road trip over there, I am game!  It is called Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop.  When I was wandering around the store, I saw that there were some pattern's and book's with the same name on them so I asked if they designed, and they said that the owner Lisa Bongean does.  They had some beautiful samples made up of her work.  I asked if they were at Quilt Expo and the gal said that they were.  They also have a website and do a mail order business.  The store is two large floors, and I saw a gal doing packaging at one end of  the basement.  They have fabric, quilt books, and patterns, some notions, and novelty things, candles, rug hooking supplies, wool, punch needle, lots of embroidery and embroidery and applique patterns.  A real feast for the eye's for a needle worker like me.  Here is some more information if you are interested in going there or to see the website.  The phone number is 920-722-7233.  The address is 850 Racine St., Menasha, WI 54952.  The website is www.primitivegatherings.us

I have some other news to share too.  If anyone is interested in getting into the ceramic business, you can contact Rick or Diane at American Auto Body, 339-7400.  You could set up a complete ceramic business, as they have a kiln, ton's of mold's and supplies.  For more information, contact them and they would be happy to talk to you about it.

Yesterday was Diane's birthday and I made her a pistachio torte for her birthday.  I spent the afternoon and evening with her.  We were playing down in her stamping room, and having fun coming up with nutty idea's for a birthday card that she is working on for her sister.  I was working on coloring images, and hope to work on putting together some cards with them soon.  We also watched a new DVD she had bought on projects that were made using the Cricut.  There was some pretty cute stuff on it.  We had supper at the restaurant on13 & 21 then went back to her house to play some more.  I blew in here around 9:30 last night after a fun day.  Happy Birthday Di!  Wishing you many more birthday's on the Route 66!!!!

Doris party was lots of fun, and everyone loved the little pincushion, door prizes, and samples that I had made.  This is one of the samples I had done.  The designer paper on this card is all sparkly and glittery and everyone fell in love with that too!  Doris is getting lot's of free stuff and is very happy about that.

We started booking parties for this year and are filled through May right now so that is great!  We always have so much fun.  These are held at the church and everyone is welcome to come.  We would love to have you join us!  It was so good to see all my buddy's again!

No comments:

Post a Comment