Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's a great day, in the neighboorhood!

Happy Weekend!  Other than it being way too cold, it is a great day in Mayberry.  And yes, I am writing in the middle of the night.  But I have already had almost 4 hours of good sleep in which is great for me!  I fell asleep watching Dr. Oz.  I highly recommend this program.  I stumbled across it about a month a go (when I was in a flair up) and have been recording it ever since.  He talks about different health issues every day and it is very educational and he makes it so interesting.  Pretty soon I will be hanging out my MD shingle along with my free counseling shingle.  I have several of my friends tease me that they come to me for their therapy sessions, or to get their "Elaine fix".  LOL  Actually, I do more "listening" than counseling.

I ran a bunch of errands yesterday and hit the jackpot at Practical Cents as the whole store was half price!  Now....I know you are dying to know what treasures I found.  But, Miss Dilworth has told me that if she sees a long post here, she will know that I wrote about all my treasures, and she will know not to read it.  LOL  So....if you want to know what I bought...call her at 608-339-8264.  If enough people call and bug her, then maybe next time I will be able to tell you!  Hee...Hee



So finding all those goodies at half price, plus using the $5.00 off, filled punch card, bring my total down even further, to a mere $16.00 for 3 filled trash bags....made me really do the happy dance!  Then on top of all this, I found out that I will be able to put my cards in a new bar/restaurant in Miladore soon!  The bar is open and the restaurant is in the process of being remodeled and will be opening soon.  This also may lead into having some of my other items that I make for sale in there too!  Now where the heck is Miladore you ask!?!?  It is a little town about half way between Stevens Point and Marshfield.  I will give you more information about it when the time comes.

Today's card turned out oh so pretty and I love the color combination.  The base of the card is kraft, then blush blossom, with a layer of designer paper in So saffron, and the flower's are stamped on Very Vanilla with the stamp set Close As A Memory.  This is a sympathy stamp set but just goes to show how versatile a stamp set can be when you take an image from one stamp set and mix it with a stamp from another set, a get well saying from the set Curvy Verses.  I made 2 of this card, one went out in the mail today, and the other one you will be able to see at Sandy's party.  Speaking of Sandy's party, I made the door prizes yesterday, and they turned out so stinkin' cute, that I am sure everyone will be fighting over them...hee hee!  But you will have to wait to see a picture of them till after the party.


I also had a surprise visit from Tammy Renner yesterday after she got off of work.  She had not been in the living room since I put my new retro kitchen table in there and thought it looked so cute in here.  Usually we end up talking by the back door when she stops.  Any whoo....she liked my stamping room and said "You've got your own little store in here" while scanning the room and grinning.  Yes I do....:-D  Have a great weekend, don't forget to call Di!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment