Thursday, January 28, 2010

Birthday Cards

Today's cards shows the same layout but two different variations on it.  I used the stamp set Well Scripted on both of them.  The designer paper is the new Sending Love Specialty paper.  It is so gorgeous!  The piece on the top card has glitter on it.  The bottom card is the same sheet of paper only the flip side of it.  On both cards I used the Stampin' Up! Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder that is on page 35 of the Occasion Mini to emboss the card with.  If you have a Big Shot, this embossing folder is a must.  It just makes everything go from blah...to blahzay!!!! You will be seeing lots more of it as I have a whole stack of cards sitting on my table that I have just made with it.  These two cards are going out in the mail tomorrow to two people....hmmmm....can you guess who has birthday's this week!?!?

I spent lots of time on the phone today.  I ended up talking with both of the girls today.  Their Uncle Louis gave CD's of photo's to Aunt Anita of the wedding for Jenna, Sarah, and I that he took and that Aunt Mary took.  So that was a very nice surprise.  Anita dropped them off last night.  I loaded them up on Face book this afternoon and the girls have been having fun tagging them, commenting on them, and chit chatting back and forth with people about them.  I talked to Zach tonight on the phone and he gave me an update about his week on the fire department.  He said that one night he didn't get home from the station till 11:30 because he was playing Yeucker with the guys.  I think he was surprised that they played cards after practice.  I told him that I remembered when I was a little girl driving by the Adams Fire Department and seeing the garage door's open and the guys playing cards in there.  He said that they have had 3 calls this week, and he went on two of them, today's call was a false alarm.  He is absolutely loving every minute of it.  He told me that he has 29? brother's now.  That they all are his brother's and that they take care of one another.  So that is pretty cool that he feel's this way about these guys already.  And this is the first time for him to have brother's as he has two sisters in his family.

When I was talking to Jen this afternoon, Antonio was getting ready to go to work.  He comes up to her and she starts laughing.  I guess she was suppose to be looking to see if he had any pimples under his nose.  He says to her that she can never see anything.  I tell her to tell him that I can see a big one under his nose from here!  Jen tells him this and then Antonio says: Tell her to Shut Up and that I love her.....Jen and I were just cracking up.  He can be so funny, and with his cute little accent, I swear everything he says is funny. 


I also had a very pleasant surprise this afternoon.  Nadine called and she stopped over for a while.  I have not seen her for several month's.  When Diane, Beth, and I were having supper at Cat's Down the Road on Monday night, Beth asked if we had seen Nadine.  None of us had seen her for months so it was kind of cool that she "came out of the wood work" or where ever she has been hiding out today!  She is having 4 little girls over to stamp next week so we talked about some idea's, and I sold her some Love Notes and some envelope's.  They all need to make Valentines to exchange with their classmates at school.  I am sure she will come up with something cool and the kids will love it!  When Nadine is old and gray and lives at Villa Pines, with the rest of us....the kids will still be coming to stamp with her!  She is planning on coming to Sandy Renner's party on February 8th so everyone will get to see her!  We miss you buddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment