Sunday, January 31, 2010

Butterflies and Butterfly House

Happy Sunday!  I just thought I would do a quick post before I take off.  It has been a day of many changed plans, but that is okay, I just get more days to spend with the people I care about.  How can a girl beat that!  Soon Carol is going to be here to pick me up.  Erin and her girls, the two cuties in the blue dresses shown in Jenna's wedding pictures are going to meet us at Friendship Cafe for lunch.  Then we are all going out to Carol's house.  Erin has been looking for a piano for some time and they have an appointment to look at one tonight at 7:30 in Mauston.  So I am very excited about spending time with them all.  I thought, what do I have that I can bring for the girls!?!?!  You know I have to keep up my reputation as the best Aunt in the WHOLE world (as Brooke says), and I like to play Auntie &/or Grandma to all the kids I meet.  My philosophy in life is that kids can never have too many people in their life to love and spoil them.  Any who...I only had 2 hours to shower, and get ready, plus come up with an idea.  Well low and behold, what popped into this little head of mine was candy.  Seriously, you aren't surprised are you !?!?  Now any one that knows me well knows that I don't like to share my chocolate, especially my Hershey's kisses.  I will share just about everything else.  I even have been known to hide them.  Ask Diana on this one...as I share them with her.  But I don't have any to share at the moment anyways.  But I had bought these smarties and was planning to make butterflies with them.  So I quick made up these butterflies with my Big Shot and the Butterfly die.  Didn't they turn out sweet!  They would be so cute as table favors for a birthday, Easter, wedding shower, baby shower, you name it.  I kid you not, I had all 6 of these made up in about 15 minutes!  It took me longer to choose my paper's than it did to make them.  That is one thing I love about being a crafter, if you need a quick gift, you have supplies in the house that you can make one up with.  And they could be dolled up further, but I figured that the kids would be playing with them and embellishments would fall off, so why bother.  They are cute as they are.  Then I was thinking about how to get them there with out getting smooshed ?  I was walking by the computer and saw that my tissue box was almost empty so I thought that would be fun to carry them in that and then the kids could use it as a butterfly house!  Hmmmmmm......do you think I might get adopted Auntie of the year award ????  I will give you an update and maybe some pics of the two cuties!!!  Have a great day!  Me

No comments:

Post a Comment