Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thank you gift for Doris!


I whipped up this pincushion this afternoon for Doris Kolberg as a thank you gift for having a party tonight.  Doris is not only one of my stamping friends, she is one of my sewing buddies.  In fact, I bought this fabric a few years ago when we went to the Sun Prairie quilt show, and fabric shopping after wards.  That day I was in a mood to buy fabric with sewing notion's on it and found a lot of cute stuff that day.  I made this pin cushion with the big shot and the scalloped square die.  You run 2 layers of fabric, 1 layer of batting through the machine first.  Then the batting goes in the center and the fabric is right side out for both pieces.  I used a quarter inch seam allowance and stitched around the square leaving an opening for stuffing.  I tightly stuffed it, and then stitched around it the rest of the way with the sewing machine.  Then I took black carpet thread, a doll needle and tufted the center, adding the heart shaped button.  The finishing touch is a tag stamped with the saying, "In the crazy quilt of life, I am glad you are in my block of friends."  It will be partying time soon!  Off to rest before I leave.  See ya later!

2 comments:

  1. Darn cute pin cushion! Sounds like it went together pretty quickly too. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this pink cushion. Love that fabric - I know Doris loved it! Thanks for sharing how you did it. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete