Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh baby...


This afternoon I had a play day in my stamping room.  No agenda...just playing.  My favorite kind of day!  The last time I was out to Diane's house she let me look through her Cricut cartridges and said I could take one home to play with.  I chose the cartridge Animal Kingdom.  The giraffe on this card was cut with that cartridge and I just love it.  I spent the afternoon, cutting, layering, and sponging all sort's of animal's.  I was having so much fun doing it that I worked through the evening on them too.  I have a whole pile on my desk right now, and hopefully Taffy won't decide to play with them during the night.  Sometimes the cats leave things alone, sometimes they knock them off the desk to play with them, and Taffy's favorite trick is to pick up ribbon's or sponges and run off with them.  Sometimes I lay paper on top of projects so that they can't see them it I think they might bother them.  Hee Hee...you have to out smart the cats.  The "sun" on here is from some left over piece's that I had from Stampin' Up!'s daisy die.  I had made some cards for samples for last months party with that die.  I had some that got off track and only cut out half the flower.  Pack rat that I am, I had to save them.  I have been going "Green" for years, way before it got popular.  Any who...one was laying on my desk out of the little basket I had them in as Taffy had been after the ribbon in that container AGAIN...and she knocked one out on the table.  You did not know that she helps me design projects did you !?!?!  LOL  I saw it laying there and thought this would make a perfect sun for my card, so did a few snips, and sponged it with More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie ink to give it some dimension.  And speaking of dimension, I put dimensional's underneath the giraffe.  The circle on top of the sun was in one of my bins I have hanging on the wall with all the punch out's that I make from scraps.  A real time saver when I am putting a project together.  Punching them takes FOREVER...but I hate punching up a new sheet a card stock for a little circle, so I punch up all of my scrap's, nothing get's wasted. I tried a new way of tying my bow on this card, and I think this is the best looking knot that I have ever made.  It is very smooth looking.  I will have to show you this technique at our next party, which is February 8th at 5:30 at the church.  Sandy Renner is the hostess.  Of course I will have some fabulous samples to show you and some more new items from the Occasion Mini. ;-).  Plus whatever projects I dream up for you to do.  With Sale-A-Bration being on right now, with every $50.00 order, you will receive an item of your choice up to $15.95 out of the Sale-A-Bration catalog. It is a great time to stock up on supplies and get those items on your wish list!!  I also want to mention if you are planning a Super Bowl party, now is the time to get your Tastefully Simple order's in so that they arrive on time.  Need a catalog!?!?  Give me a buzz!  Have a great weekend!  Me

No comments:

Post a Comment