Saturday, January 23, 2010

I am nuts about you.


I am playing in the stamping room this afternoon..  I am having trouble with my lap top so was messing around with that this morning.  My friend Kramer in Michigan is trying to help me with it.  We decided the next step is to bring in his computer expert friend, and he will take over the lap top from there and get the virus out.  I have been messing with this on and off since Thursday night when it happened.  Thankfully my desktop is working fine, so I have a computer to use.  I had some people stopped in for some Tastefully Simple this afternoon.  So it has been a busy day.
I am listening to the new Brooke's and Dunn album #1's and then some.  It is excellent of course.  I am so sad that they are breaking up.  They have some fantastic music and I think I have all of their albums.  It always amazes me how music can affect a person, me anyways.  It can take you right back to a happy place or a sad one, and you feel those same emotions you did at the time.  But I have always loved music.  My mom wrote it in my baby book.  I don't remember what age she wrote it at, but I was young.  Maybe 2 !?!?  I will have to look it up sometime when I am upstairs.

Enough chatter...on to the card.  This little squirrel is one of the animals I made last night.  He is popped up to give it a 3 D look.  I free hand cut the grass.  The tree is from a stamp set that I bought last summer or fall that I hadn't had a chance to play with.  I got it to go with my owl stamps so you will be seeing more of it as I have quite a few owl stamps.  The flower's and butterflies are from the same set and I used stickles on the flower centers to give it a little bling.  The ransom note: "I am nuts about you", was made with a little alphabet set that my friend Colleen rak'd me with. It is a fun way to add your own saying to something.  Well I am going to Boot, scoot, and boogie back to my stamping room and do some more playing....maybe you will hear from me again tonight!  Have a good one.  Me

1 comment:

  1. Love the squirrel card, Elaine! Very creative use of elements.

    ReplyDelete