Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love Wall Hanging



This project was made for Karen as a thank you gift for having her party.  It was all made with the Big Shot.  I used the scalloped square die to cut one square out of the white card board that comes with our designer paper, and then I cut a square out of Real Red card stock and adhered it to the card board.  Next I took a sheet of Love Impressions designer paper and cut it in to 3 3/4" squares and adhered that to each scallop square.  Next came Going Gray card stock which was ran through the big shot with the Scalloped Circle #2 die and adhered.  To cut the letters, I used our new red glitter paper that is in the Occasion Mini and ran it through with the Serif Essentials die.  I hot glued the squares to our Red and White striped ribbon, flipped the top of the ribbon down to form a loop, and used a separate piece of ribbon to tie a bow, and attached that with hot glue.  I am really happy with how it turned out and Karen loved it!  It was a big hit last night, and could be done with different colors and different papers for the different seasons.  A quick, fun, inexpensive gift (once you have the dies...LOL), but so versatile, and so many things you can do with these particular dies that I think they are a good investment.  I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day!  Show love to the people you care about in your life!!!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment