Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A little breath of spring....we need it!


I thought that we all needed a little breath of spring today.  And the only way I can give it to you is to show you the dozen flower pins I finished last week.  I had made these in the fall but didn't get the buttons and pin backs put on till last week.  Don't they have a springy feel to them!?!  Let me know what you think, I love to hear your comments.  They really make my day!
I just got home from Diane's about an hour ago and boy has the temperature dropped and quickly.  I am not a glove wearer and boy were my hands freezing by the time I got things carried in to the house.  I went to Practical Cents and found a nice thick set of King size flannel sheets which I will cut up for lining for bags, table runner's etc.  Any where that I would normally use Warm and Natural batting.  I love that batting but it has become so expensive.  I think I am going to have to save up and buy a huge roll of it when Joann's put's it on special but in the mean time, flannel works great for most projects.   A lot of yardage in a king size flat sheet, fitted sheet and 2 pillow cases for $6.00!  I also bought a small ball of yarn, and that was it for today.  I saw some people at the check out with some nice yarn that I missed out on....:-( .   But Diane was so kind to give me two rolls of very pretty variegated yarn that she had down stairs that she did not want.  I finished 2 more towels today, so I now have 3 new styles to shoot pictures of to show you.  I also am crocheting the teeniest little hearts.  They are piddly, but oh so cute!  Stay warm!!!!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment