Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Great Friend

Hello! I have been busy working on Jenna's wedding invitations. I cut the layers of card stock yesterday and started running pieces through the Big Shot. There are 4 layers on the top of the card, with the last one being an embossed 3 tier wedding cake from the stamp set Pun Fun. I am doing them in Spanish and English. I worked on them today from 10:30 till 4:30, non stop except for a short Baked Potato break for lunch! I really got a lot done and over half of the layers are completely assembled and embossed. I need to assemble the rest plus run the base of the card through the Big Shot to emboss the card front. I still have a lot to do but I am very happy with today's progress on them. I plan on having them finished so that I can send them home with Jenna on the 18th when we have her bridal shower. Barb Cook stopped in to pick up her order today. Melissa and Isabelle were here to pick up some card stock and a acrylic rack that Melissa is buying from me.
On Sunday, we had a family day and the whole family met in Osseo at Norske's Nook for lunch. They are famous for their Norwegian food and for their pies. They have at least 20 different pies on the menu. I had a BLT Club wrap that was wrapped with lefse, home made chips, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie that is to die for! It was fabulous and we had a great time. Just thinking about it makes me want to head back there for more! Ha Ha! I shot a bunch of pictures that I will be sending out sometime this week. I brought home some lefse with me and have been enjoying eating that this week. We took all the grand children to see the farm where my mother grew up, and where Lenore and I played little girls. It brought back lots of fond memories for us. We ended the day with a trip to the cemetery. Mom had goody bags for all of us, we exchanged our Christmas wish lists and every one headed in different directions home. I dropped Jenna, Antonio, and Dianna off at Tomah where we had left Jen's car and after getting gas, I headed over to Good Will. I found some treasures of course! It was a very fun day....a day to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment