Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Make Merry


Yes....believe it or not....I am still alive!!!  It has been a wild and crazy week, but lots of fun!  We had our family's Thanksgiving on Saturday at Sarah and Zach's house.  Can you believe that I forgot to take pictures!?!?!  And neither did anyone else!  I was so busy handing out birthday gifts, Sarah and Zach's anniversary gift, books, magazines, clothes, candy, food, etc that I had brought along that I forgot all about it.  By the way...everyone LOVED the leaf envelopes.  They were a big hit. Even the guys were wow'd!  I brought Dianna back with me on Saturday night and she spent the night here while Jenna was at her baccalaureate party down in Highland, WI.  Dianna and I goofed around watching TV, playing Yahtzee, and we had one of her famous tuna fish sandwiches that she likes to make for us when she is here.  It is a secret recipe she says and she won't tell me it.  Not that I try that hard to get her to tell....as long as she likes to cook....I like to eat!  Hee Hee!  Works for me!  Sunday, we met Sarah at Kohl's in the Dells and rode with her to Madison.  We had the dress fitting for the wedding dress and bride's maid dresses.  They all look so beautiful, it is truly going to be a beautiful wedding.  Jenna told me that she absolutely loves her dress, even more that when she had it on the first time.  And we found out that there are some sort of real crystal's on the veil (can't remember what they called them).  Any whoo...they said we should cut them off the veil after the wedding that they are worth money and that she should make them into some jewelry or an ornament.  How cool is that!?!?  We had lunch at Panera Bread.  I had never eaten there before, nor Sarah or Dianna, and we absolutely loved it!  Fantastic food.  After a long visit, we were off to Walmart to pick out some decorations for the tables and we got most of that done.  The table clothes will be white, candy apple red satin will be puddled under clear hurricane type candle vases with a large floating candle in them (Jen needs to decide on those yet) and we chose a gold sheer ribbon with gold snowflakes on it that I will tie around them with a big bow on it.  It should be very pretty with the candle light hitting those colors.  Then we will have gold berries laying on the red satin fabric.  I need to finish the treat boxes yet, plus cut snowflakes out to hang from the ceiling with Angela's Cricut.  She was so kind to let me bring it home with me on Thanksgiving Day.  And...you don't want to hear the rest of my "to do" list for the next 3 weeks!

Monday night and Tuesday afternoon were stamp camp's and other things thrown in the mix, play catch up, and some rest time.  By the time I got home Monday night I had a splitting headache, and I took migraine medicine late in the morning as it was on the verge of starting again but that nipped it in the bud and I felt good by the time the afternoon camp started.

The above projects I made when I had a down line meeting here.  They are all made with the stamp set Make Merry.  It is such a fun versatile stamp set!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment