Monday, December 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Today didn't go anything like I had planned but worked out good anyways!  I went over to Curves right away this morning and took down my display of products and brought it home.  Di and I had planned to go to Madison today as she wanted to go to Toys R Us but we decided against it because of the bad weather.  I stamped most of the day, took a nap, made a casserole, and stamped a bunch of gift tags.  A friend called and I headed upstairs to wrap gifts while we were talking and I got a bunch of gifts wrapped.  It really went fast while talking on the phone.  I do not like wrapping at all, so this was great to have a good start on it.  Last year how I coaxed my self into doing it was I that I would stamp a gift tag, then wrap a present, then stamp a tag....back and forth!  LOL  Whatever it takes to get the job done! I made more elaborate tags last year.  This year I quick whipped some out with the Delightful Decorations stamp, punched them with the ornament punch and then tied ribbons on the top.  Quick and cute!
One thing that is nice this year is that I am doing my wrapping upstairs, on top of my cutting table in the sewing room and can leave the wrapping paper, tape and scissors right out, and the gifts are in the closet right next to that room.  Usually I am hauling packages down the stairs, trying to find a place to put them down here after they are wrapped so that I don't have to drag them back up again, and then have to find a place to stick the wrapping paper...etc. (or look at the mess!).  So I think this year it is actually going to be enjoyable!  It is such a pleasure to be able to use the sewing room.  One thing I need to look for is a clock for that room.  I get up there and I don't have a clue what time it is, and the hours zip away.  Oh...I just remembered that my pretty blue and white clock from the store should be down in the basement.  I will have to go on a hunting mission for that.  I need to bring some gift boxes up from down there anyways.  I hope that all of your holiday preparations are going smoothly!  Hugs!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment