Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new year and a pleasant surprise!

I had a very pleasant surprise this afternoon.  Two old friends that I went all through school with stopped over today and surprised me.  Pam Collins and Teri (Greene) Hamon were here.  Teri flew in from WA state for Pam's father's funeral.  We visited for about 3 hours this afternoon and had a real nice visit, catching up on things.  It is too bad that a sad occasion got us all together, Teri didn't tell anyone that she was coming as she wasn't sure if she could make it work to get here, but she did.  Any ways, it was great to see them both.  Oh!  I just thought you would find it interesting that Teri loved the chicken towel and has chicken's in her kitchen, so she bought it and took it back with her.

This is a new snowman towel, the first one I have made with this pattern.  People really like snowmen towels, I could probably work on them all year long.  I finished this one up tonight, and another chicken towel as I plan on stopping at the Craft Mall tomorrow

I am going to my daughter Sarah's house tomorrow to bring her a sewing machine and some supplies, and I am going to teach her how to sew.  I will spend the day down there.  It is so much fun for me to be sharing my passions with my family members.  The girls weren't really interested in that stuff growing up, all the other kids that came to the house were but for my girls it was old hat, mom was always crafting.  So it is really neat that they are showing interest now.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment