Monday, January 3, 2011

From trash to treasure!




I love to save things, and to do altered projects.  This is a Crystal Light container that I converted to a candy container.  I am so happy with how it turned out.  The tag on the front is made with the two tag die that I ran through the big shot.  I used the new red glitter paper for decorations that I punched out with Stampin' UP! large and small heart punches.  I found a huge roll of bakers twine at the thrift shop and believe me, I will have enough to last my life time, and everyone else's!  LOL   It adds such a whimsical texture to projects.  I love it wrapped around the container, and tied into a little bow.  And I also got the little lace flowers at the thrift shop too.  And they were the finishing touch to this project.  I scooped them up when I saw them as I knew I would find the perfect thing to use with Valentines Day coming up.  Old looking and vintagey.  The new glitter paper is the bomb.  The punches cut through it like butter...and you don't have all the mess like you normally would with glitter.  I rate the glitter paper a TEN!

Today I worked on finishing up projects and getting things ready for the upcoming stamping events.  I pretty much have everything packed and ready to go.  Debi Wehby was over today and picked up a couple of pin cushions for gifts that she needed and ordered 3 snowball towels.  So I have more stitching to do.  I will be meeting Jenna near Madison tomorrow to go to a funeral at Highland, for her best friend Brittany's grandfather.  She wants me to go to take care of Mason so she can be supportive for her friend.  So I am very excited about seeing Mason, but it will be a long day.  Adieus!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment