Friday, July 30, 2010

Sandy Wellumson's Thank You Gift

 I made this tag for Sandy's package using the Watercolor Trio stamp set .  I stamped the flowers and weeds with Vanilla craft ink on Basic Black card stock.  I love this look!  The "Thanks so Much" was stamped in Sahara Sand ink to match the Scalloped Oval layer.  The tag itself was embossed with the Perfect Details embossing folder.  I love how it looks like fabric.  Last of all I tied a bow around it with some retired Kiwi Kiss Ribbon to match the card stock that I was giving to Sandy as a hostess gift.  She loves that color card stock and was sad that it was not going to be one of our returning in colors.  Here is a picture of the finished package.

Greetings from Milwaukee!  I have been a busy girl, waiting here for my new grand child to arrive.  I spent one whole day sewing.  I made a topper for the babies dresser with jungle animals that match his room theme.  I had some left over fabric and I sewed 2 pillows that just need to be stuffed,  and 3 burp pads.  While I was working on these things, Jenna was cleaning out her closet and found a whole stack of things for me to mend.  I hate mending, but I got it all done, except for one jacket that she needs to find a button for it.  Jenna keeps me busy, we have been doing lots of things to get ready for the baby.  She worked so many hours during this pregnancy, it is like trying to get everything ready in 4 weeks.  Yesterday, we hit some garage sales.  We found a real cute Halloween outfit and two brand new Halloween bibs that have cute pictures and sayings on them about it being baby's first Halloween.  They will be adorable for picture taking.  She also found some other little pants and shorts for him too.  I didn't find much, but found a whole bolt of heavy green fabric for $5.00 that I think I will make tote bags out of. and a couple of smaller chunks of fabric.  We also stopped at Hancock fabrics and Jenna picked up a couple of chunks of fabrics that she wants me to make some nursing covers with.  So I have another project to do.  I cut out a market bag last night and had intended on sewing that some time today but that didn't happen.  I slept on and off since about 11 pm last night till about 3:30 this afternoon.  I was up and had breakfast with the kids and then I did dishes and cleaned up the kitchen afterwards.  I was on the computer a little bit and got so sleepy that I went back to bed and fell asleep.  AND....I had almost a three hour nap yesterday afternoon!  I guess it is all catching up with me and I needed the rest.  I have to be ready for those sleepless nights we will soon be having!  :-D  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment