Monday, July 12, 2010

The little firecracker's birthday card!

This is the birthday card I made for the little firecracker aka Susie Smith.  You are probably wondering why I chose to do this card with all of the cards that I could have made.  Well, we both have the Cricut cartridge Create a Critter.  I know that Susie hasn't had time to play with her's yet so I thought I would make one with it for her so that she would have one as an example, and could duplicate it.  And that little bear is just too sweet!  I also told her what settings, etc. I used to make it.  To spiff the bear up a bit, I added a bow around it's neck and used a punched heart to put in it's hand.  I also used one of my favorite retired sets, Hugs and Wishes.  Do you remember this one?  I used to use this sentiment all the time when it was current.  Love it!
This morning I went to bible study and today, Beth Griffith and my mom also came to it.  They really enjoyed it too and plan on coming again.  I think that Sandy Wellumson is going to join us at it next week, which is wonderful!  Speaking of Sandy, we had her stamping party at the church tonight and had a great time as usual.  Susie brought in all the new goodies that she had ordered out of the catalog and everyone oohhhed and ahhhed.  It was fun to see and touch it all.  She also made up some cards for us to see, and used as many of the new products on them that she could so we could see what they looked like on cards.  Wasn't that sweet!  We sure do appreciate it that you showed us all of your new goodies!  Sandy Renner brought a bunch of cards in for show and tell.  She is helping out at summer school with the art class and learned a new technique with chalks.   She share how they did it and had a whole bunch of samples for us to see.  The gals loved them.  She also brought in a card that she used an old book page on so she received an extra little goody for making an item with a current trend, that I talked about last month.  Beth also brought in a bunch of cute show and tell items and one of her projects had twine on it, another current trend, so she received an extra goody also, and so did Susie for bringing in all of  her new stuff to share with the group.  Door prize winners were Sue Bartels, Gerry Fernchuss, and Diane Dilworth.  Di was already gone when I drew names so she will get to pick something out next month.  Everyone received a free bingo card and the challenge is for them to make something with the bingo card on it.  It can be a 3D item, card, or scrapbook page.  If you were not there tonight and would like to participate, stop over and pick up a bingo card.  You can do what every you want to the card, alter it, tear it, whatever, you just have to have part of the card on your project.  Bring it to our next event on Monday, August 9th, starting at 5:30pm.  Nancy Sorensen is the hostess.  I can't wait to see what you all bring in for show and tell!  As usual, everyone is welcome to attend, just let me know so that I know how many packets to prepare, and so that Nancy prepares enough food.  Make it a great day!  Hugs!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment