Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jumbo paper clips

This was one of my projects that I worked on last week.  They are jumbo paper clips that you can use to hold papers together or as a bookmark.  I used the retired stamp set Garden Greetings to make the flowered ones.  I just love how you can get such a 3D look with it.  The butterfly's I punched out with the butterfly punch and then ran them through the Big Shot with one of our embossing folders.  I also used the 1 3/8" Circle and Scalloped Circle punches on this project and pierced the scalloped circles.  The finishing touch was running crochet cotton through the buttons and tying teeny tiny bows.  When I was working on these, I was thinking that my stampers would be howling if I made them do that.....lol  But they turned out so adorable, it is was well worth the monkeying around with.
First thing this morning, Beth stopped over for a visit and to pick up her stamping order.  Later on Doris stopped in to pick her's up too.  Di invited me to come out to her house today.  She is in the process of moving her stamping room upstairs into the spare bedroom and Beth was helping her get organized.  I helped a little bit but by the time I got out there, Di was tired of working on it.  I know how that goes, been there done that with my own projects around here.  We had a fun time and a great lunch.  I went home with a bag of stickers and die cuts that Di was going to pitch.  After my nap, I had a ball making tags with her trash.  I mixed and matched stuff of her's with my drawer's of elements that I have all prepped for these type projects and popped out 31 tags tonight!  I can't wait for Di to see them.  She will laugh as usual.  I also got some cleaning done today and did dishes tonight and cleaned out the coffee maker so I really did get a lot accomplished today, even though I was gone part of the day and had about an hour nap.  Have a great day!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment