Thursday, June 17, 2010

Teacher Bookmarks


Hello!  It sure is nice to be back in the stamping cave.  I made 9 of these Teacher Bookmarks with the apple from Tart and Tangy.  It is one of my very favorite sets and it gets used a lot.  I love how all the fruit fit inside the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and that you can mat them with the 1 3/8" circle punch and then put them on the scalloped circle.  You can't see it in the picture but I pierced holes around the scallop.  It is the little details that give the finishing touch.  These will make nice little gifts for kids to give to their teacher's as a thank you.  Then I started another batch of book marks and went over board as usual.  I have 30 of them in progress and finished 6 of them tonight.  I am tired of it for today, so will probably pick up again on them tomorrow unless I am in the mood to work on something else tomorrow.  But I have the boring part done on them so will probably work on them first thing and get them finished.  They won't take long now.  With all the stuff I have been up to the past few weeks, tonight actually got a little too quiet for awhile.  I had 3 batches of people in and out today, so it wasn't for lack of visitors.  I guess I have been in go-go mode for too long.  But then Jenna called tonight and so did Di from Montana.  She is having a good time on her trip and will be home soon.  It was good to talk to her.  I think this has been the longest that we have ever went without talking!  We will have a lot of catching up to do! 
Antonio got offered a management position in the Brown Deer restaurant in Milwaukee and will start training in Brown Deer on Monday.  We are very happy and excited for him.  He had been offered a position in Madison about a month ago and had turned that one down.  So this is a wonderful opportunity for him.  I guess they will be moving the Brown Deer Restaurant.  Some gals were talking about this at the Milwaukee baby shower but I don't remember where they said it will be moving it to.  A better area I believe.  That is good.  I ate at the Brown Deer one with Jenna one time.  She said that their had been a shooting in front of that restaurant!   It didn't look like a bad neighborhood to me, and their was a Joann's right behind it and other store's, I remember that as I went there.  They are also putting one in Wausau.  I would love to have the kids that close but doubt that would happen any time soon as they will want to be near Diana until she graduates.  At one time they were talking of building in the Dells but I haven't heard any more about that.  Oh well....Milwaukee is a fun place to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment