Friday, June 18, 2010

Jenna's baby shower






I thought you would enjoy seeing a few pictures of Jenna's baby shower.  I was going to upload a picture of Jenna holding the cake but thought it would be more fun for you to see her tummy!  She looks so cute pregnant.  On the left is her friend Brittany, Jenna is in the middle, and her friend Kelly is on the right.  Kelly just had a baby boy.  Jenna and Kelly's boys will be about 5 months apart.  Kelly had her little guy at the shower and this Grandma had much fun making him smile.  Babies are so much fun!
I made the cake for Jenna's shower and used a bunch of stamping things to decorate it.  The baby carriage was made with the Big Shot and the Scalloped Circle Die.  It is my favorite of the three items I put on the cake.  The other two I made with the Cricut.  Jenna just loved the baby.  I attached them to tooth picks so that they would stand up on the cake, and afterwards I took the tooth picks off so that she can use them in her scrapbook.  The cake was a big hit and it disappeared!  Either it was eaten or people wanted to take some home!  I made Devils Food which is always a hit, and my special frosting.  The last picture is of  Jenna holding the baby quilt I made her.  She really likes it.  I asked her what Antonio thought of it and she said that he really liked it too and liked that there was so much to look at on it.
I went up town today to the library and the grocery store.  I finished the rest of the book marks, 24 of them, and got them all packaged up and ready to go.  I also packaged up a bunch of cards, and ironed 3 snowman towels to take down tomorrow.  I am prepping 5 towels that I am going to applique cats on.  So that is what I will be stitching on this weekend.  Stop down and see me....I LOVE COMPANY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! The friends are so cute. Your cake is very cute. You are so talented! I took a cake decorating class a long time ago, like 40 years, but I don't think I ever got very good at it. I haven't done that for years. Cute little decorations you came up with for the cake too...buggy so cute. The baby's quilt is so bright and cheery and I agree with Antonio...."there is so much to look at". Like everything about it.

    ReplyDelete