Sunday, July 5, 2009

Vintage Picnic



Good Evening! I just finished up playing in my stamping room tonight and made these 6 cards with Diane's new stamp set called Vintage Picnic from Papertrey. Diane and I had both seen some really neat samples with this stamp set and she ordered it. She just got it and asked me if I wanted to play with it! Now isn't that sweet.....she hasn't even used it yet. Now that is a good friend! She brought it down to the flea market with her this afternoon for me and I tell you, all I could think of is that it is so stinkin' cute and I can't wait to get it inked. There are several baskets in the set but this one is my favorite so I chose to work with it first. These baskets are the exact style that I collect. Isn't that awesome! There are also alot of different things in the set that you can put IN the basket and different sayings to go with it. I used some of the different saying's on these cards and colored every basket differently so I thought I would snap picture's tonight so that you could see all the variations. They were VERY piddley to color but everytime I got one done it was fun to see how different they looked. You will probably be seeing some more baskets before I return it. Do you think maybe she will forget that she bought it!?!?!? LOL Not a chance!

I hope all of you had a nice 4th of July weekend. One of the great things about the flea market is making lots of new friends and seeing your old ones. We were very fortunate to have good weather for most of the weekend. I loved it but was ready to go home when I left at 3:30. I hit the bed after I got home and watched a couple of episodes that I had taped of House and got a little nap in. I put in my Tastefully Simple order for next week and then it was off to stamping land. I hope to hole up for a few days in there this week. I need to finish getting another project ready for Danna's party on the 13th.

I hope you all are working on your cards to send the troops. Remember for each card and envelope that you donate to be sent for our troops to use, I will put your name in the drawing for a package of designer paper of your choice! Please help support this worthy cause! Have a good night! Elaine

1 comment:

  1. I am saving up for this set also.Too bad I don't live closer to you and Diane, then I could borrow it! Vintage Picnic makes really cute cards, I think. I usually check out Papertrey almost every day.

    ReplyDelete