Monday, July 27, 2009

Bloomin' Beautiful

Hello! I am lovin' this cool weather. It can stay this temperature all year long. It is perfect. And speaking of cool weather....guess what I have been working on today!?!? Football cards. No...I am not a football fan but I need more masculine cards for my card racks. Lady Di has a bunch of the Stampin' Up sport sets and I had asked if I could use the basketball set as I had seen some cute cards lately made with that. She brought me all of her sets and suggested that I start with football being as that will be starting soon. Lady Di is a big football fan and has a RULE....that I can't come out during a foot ball game. "Why? You might ask?"........because I talk to much and she might miss something! Does that surprise you!?!?!? LOL :-D I have been getting in trouble for talking since about 4th grade. My 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Twactman used to separate me from my friends (can you imagine that!?!?). My mom says that all she had to do to punish me when I got into any trouble was to make me go to my room when I was young. She says that I couldn't stand being away from everyone else! Must be the "people" person in me...LOL And poor all of you....you have to listen to me ramble on here! :)

This set that I used on this card was a gift from Lady Di. I was out there last summer one day (it wasn't a football day, (;-D) and I was making some cards with this set. I absolutely fell in love with it. It had been in a mini catalog and I couldn't buy one. :-( So the next day....low and behold....here she comes trotting into the flea market with it and gave it to me. I had helped her with something...who knows what. I didn't expect anything in return but Di always thinks she has to pay you back somehow. Hard as I try...I can never get ahead of her on that one. So I just give up and surrender. So to my delight, she gave me this set. Later on, they did put it in the catalog, so now it is available to purchase. I tried to give this set back to her at that time but she wouldn't have any part of it. So this card is dedicated to Di today. Here's look'in at ya kid!

Recipe: SU Stamp Set Bloomin' Beautiful. Cardstock: Ridinghood Red, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, and Bella Rose DSP. Silver Brads, Blender Pens, Pink Taffetta Ribbon, Button from Button Bouquet.

1 comment:

  1. I really, really, like this card! Of course I like the stamp set too but have never bought it. Have seen a lot of nice cards made using Bloomin' Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete