Monday, April 19, 2010

A Year of Cards

Hello!  I am back again today!  FM Support Group went well.  They liked the story of the spoons and all of them agreed that it explained it well and that they had never heard of it explained like that before.  I made a can of soup after I got home and have been loading a few things into the van tonight to go to the flea market.  Lady Di says that tomorrow is suppose to be 70 and that it is going to get cold again so I think I will make a stop down at the flea market before going to my doctor's appointments tomorrow.  I have been catching up on some of my recorded programing.  I have to get it watched before they come on Wednesday morning to switch things over.  I finished decorating tags for pin cushions while watching House and now I am putting price tags on brooches.  I finished watching 24 and am now watching Castle.  I decided to get the pin cushions put in the van before Taffy gets the notion to take the pins out of them and run off with the tags.  She has been raising havoc with them all week.  The little dickens!!!!
On Saturday, a group of us went to Milwaukee for a stamping event called A Year of Cards.  It is a fundraiser for a brain disease.  I think it is called GLUT1.  Any how we made a greeting card for each month of the year, an expanding envelope to put them in, and received an $85.00 package of stuff that was donated by Stampin' Up!  Stampin' Up! donates tons of retired stamping stuff to charitable organizations and fundraisers each year.  We received the Country Living Holiday Collection which was a wonderful gift.  They also had a raffle for a Big Shot and My Digital Studio.  People also donated gift baskets and gift cards etc that were raffled off.  Going to this event was a birthday present from Lady Di to me.  She made for my admission to the event, bought me a long string of tickets and treated me to Apple Bee's for dinner.  What a wonderful day!  We could put our tickets in what ever bag that we wanted to and I won this basket full of stuff from Creative Memories!  Woo Hoo!  Thanks again Di for such a great birthday present!
My keyboard went on the fritz today.  Fortunately, about a year ago, I picked up a brand new one in the box, just like mine at Good Will for $4.00 so I was back up and running in about 5 minutes!  Did you miss me while I was gone!?!?!  LOL
I also went for breakfast on Sunday afternoon with Debi Wehby.  We had a nice meal and nice visit.  See ya later alligator!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on wining a prize at the stamp event. You are the luckiest person I know. It only took me two years to finally win something! Quite a nice birthday gift from Lady Di too. It must have been a great day for all.

    ReplyDelete