Monday, April 26, 2010

Mother book marks

















This is the project that I have been working on today.  They are book marks with a nice saying on them about mothers. I used last year's Sale A Bration stamp set Polka Dot Punches to make the flowers and leaves and punch them out with the five petal punch.  The verse I did on the computer.  I made 18 of them, in between cleaning up my stamping table.  I have been letting the scraps just accumulate on the table and had a big mound of them to sort into different piles and put away.  As most of you know, I don't throw anything away.  It had got to the point that it was driving me crazy.  I can only be messy for so long...hee hee....I like my work area's to be clean.  I turned a rubber tote full of potholder's inside out last night while watching TV.  It took hours to trim the edges and turn them.  I had sewed them out at Di's, probably about 4 or 5 years ago when we would sew every weekend.  Another one of those projects like Di would say that I make a "100 of them!"  The next step will be to iron them all, then slip stitch the opening's closed and attach rings on them so that they can be hung.  Lots of work for what little I charge for them.  But my rack is getting down so need to finish them soon.  The Yackette's met here tonight to leave for the Rapids.  I did not go.  I am still battling the allergies.  I started feeling better yesterday but am worse again today.  I am trying to get rested up, and I am working quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment