Sunday, April 4, 2010

Send Elaine back to quilt camp! LOL

Happy Easter!  One of the activities that you could participate in at the Quilting retreat was a white elephant exchange.  Diane and I decided not to participate as we didn't want to goof up and not bring the right kind of thing.  Next time we will play too.  This piggy bank was part of the exchange and a group of gals decided that I should have it as they had been discussing the upcoming retreat in the fall earlier and they were wondering if we were going to come and I had said  how I wanted to go to it  but didn't know how I was going to pay for it.  Some suggested telling family members that is what you wanted for birthdays, Mother's Day, etc.   I was joking that I would have to set a table up on a "street corner" and sell my pin cushions.  They were rolling about that.  So after the white elephant exchange was done, Debbie came over with the pig and said we decided that you should have this.  It already had a tag on it that said Quilt Retreat Fund, and she said shaking it so I could hear a few coins rattling, here is a little something to start you out!  I thought that was pretty sweet and I gave her a hug.  Later in the weekend, Sandy came over with a few coins a couple hours before we were ready to leave and she dropped them in the bank and said "See you in the Fall"!  This really touched my heart how sweet these ladies were to me.  We were strangers a few days before and now we are friends!  Awesome! 
The second picture is of a chunk of fabric that I chose out of Angela's goody basket.  When we first arrived, Angela each had us choose a playing card and we had to introduce our selves and use our card in the introduction.  I had a 10 of Hearts and I ended mine with "I hope I can stay awake till 10 o'clock!" and every one laughed.  We kept this card and then she would periodically draw a card through out the weekend and we would get to choose something out of the basket when our card was drawn.  I think mine was drawn early on Sat. afternoon and I picked out this pretty piece of material.  Another activity we did was a fat quarter game that we played on Sunday.  We all stood in a circle holding a fat quarter we had brought along, while Karen read a story and when the word "left", or the word "right" was read, we had to pass the fat quarter we were holding at the time in that direction.  What ever fat quarter we were holding at the end of the game is the one we got to keep.  I had brought a yellow one with little stars on it and ended up with a different yellow one.  Funny!  
I have been out at Diane's the last few afternoon's and we have been crafting together.  This morning we went to Easter services and to the Easter breakfast at Immanuel.  It has been nice to be busy and not have too much time to think.  I still can't believe that Larry is gone.  He was 51 years old, two years older than me.   It is so very sad that is for sure.  I also did some more stuff at the flea market on Friday, and have been marking stuff, getting it ready to go down there.  I hope you all have a great Easter!  Elaine



No comments:

Post a Comment