Thursday, September 1, 2011

Play Date

Today I had my play date out at Diane's.  She was busy making flowers, and I worked on coloring images for the library scrapbook and I helped her with some things on her computer.  We had a GREAT lunch.  Egg salad sandwiches, Cucumber Slices on crackers spread with pimento spread, cold chicken, and fudgy chocolate brownies!  Yum Yum!  I got home around 4:30 and laid down after checking out the computer as my neck was killing me.  I watched All My Children and then fell asleep during Sewing Nancy.  Even though I find that program interesting, it always puts me to sleep.  I think it is the lack of commercials.

Tonight I cranked out six of these sympathy cards.  I made a trade for the stamp set Strength and Hope and it came today, much to my delight, so I decided to ink it up.  The butterfly on this card is from this set.  So very pretty.  You will be seeing lots more of this set.  It was actually designed as a breast cancer set.  Stampin UP! donates $2.00 from each set sold to breast cancer research.  They are so good about donating to worthy causes.

I started this card with the framed tulip embossing folder ran through the Big Shot.  Then ran a layer of white through with the elegant lines embossing folder.  This made a very elegant card mixing and matching the embossing folders.  Like Mikey says....try it .....you'll like it!  Then I used the magic bow maker to make my bow, taped the ends on the back and then added a black mat and adhered it to the card.  Next I stamped out the butterflies, cut them out, adhered them to the card, put a row of glue down the stem area and dropped pearls on to it, then adjusted them into a row.  The final step was to take a Martha Stewart tag punch, punch out a tag, and then I used the stamp "With Sympathy" from Papertrey Ink's stamp set Mixed Messages, and stamped that on the tag.  Inside the card I stamped the message "May the care of friends and family bring you comfort and may loving memories heal your heart", from the stamp company Stamping Sensations.  I picked that up at Lighthouse Book Store in Wis Rapids a couple of years ago.  It is a very nice saying for sympathy cards.  Tonight I used a different one of my new, old metal flower frogs to photograph my card on.  I think this long rectangle one is my favorite of the batch.  Make it a great day!  Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment