Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's tag time!

Hi!  I just came out of the stamping room after some fun play time making sewing themed tags.  I sure do love to play in there.  One of my favorite things to do!
It was a busy day in Mayberry today.  I made a trip to the bank early this morning, baked Mom's birthday cake for her party on Saturday and decorated it this evening and stuck it in the freezer.  I put in a stamping order, took a nap :-D, cooked supper and made up 3 plates of food to have for future dinners.  I baked banana muffins and I made brownies to take out to Di's tomorrow.  We have a play date planned.  So all in all it was a pretty productive day!
I am using my new to me, old metal flower frog for the first time today that the tags are sitting on.  I have been wanting one for some time as that is the way most card makers take pictures of there cards and it looks pretty cool.  I was able to find some on Ebay and bought a batch.  If you would like one....email me or leave a comment, and I will sell you one.  I bought a batch of 5 as it was the only way to get a decent price on them.  The individual ones were very expensive.  Probably hard to find.  I have been looking for a year or so, and have not seen them any where in my travels.  One night I was talking to Corrinne on the phone and some how in the conversation, she mentioned them.  I did not know what they were called.  Once I found that out, I was able to find them on Ebay..  In the eight years I ran antique stores, not once did I see one of these.  We always sold glass flower frogs, so I did not have a clue that these "things" that they were displaying cards on were called "metal flower frogs".  A person learns some thing new all the time!  Have a good one....Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment