Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My first greeting card in Spanish!

I am starting to make greeting cards in Spanish and this is my very first one.  The little banner behind the plane says "I miss you".  This little airplane is from the hostess set, Ain't Love Grand, which come in English, Spanish, and French.  I chose the Spanish version.

I went to the library today and picked up the book Hard Times, An Oral History of the Great Depression.  I am going to join the non-fiction book club that starts the 20th at the library.  Everyone in the book club is reading books about the depression.  The book I am reading tells stories from people in all different walks of life and their experiences.  I read about 50 pages tonight of it and so far it is pretty interesting.  I also worked on the library scrapbook this afternoon.  And I went to Practical Cents to drop off some things for my mom and I picked up this beautiful doily which is part of a set that I have on my flower frog on this photo.  I just love it.  Some day I hope to have a room with walls in a green like this.  I also found some more skeins of yarn that I will use to make more Mary Janes.  I found some pretty colors.

This photo shows a close up of the airplane popped up.  It looks like it is flying in the clouds.  I thought that the Latino's would like this card to send to there families back home.  I have 3 more in the works.  I was excited to show Jenna so I wanted to get it up on face book before she went to bed.

Tomorrow is my digital scrap booking class in the evening.  I made the cookies for it tonight.  I still need to get my card designed for it.  Talk about waiting till the last minute!!!  Later gator....Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment