Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bugs and Kisses

Here is a birthday set I made for my nephew Ben who's birthday is coming up on October 2nd.  I recycled an Martzetti Honey Mustard Salad Dressing Jar.  I love that stuff and the best part is that all the advertising on these particular jars is on the paper label that is easily soaked off.  The gold lid is plain and wouldn't even need to be decorated but I thought this brown leaf paper was too cute not to add to the scalloped circle I added to the top of the jar.  When you alter stuff like this, be sure and use Sticky Strip, also know as red line tape, or scor-tape so it sticks good to the metal surface.  I also used this to adhere the designer paper on yesterday's altered tin project.  Today, I used my Circle Nestie, Scalloped Circle Nestie, for the jar top, and used the tag corner punch on the tags, which I stamped with the retired SU stamp set Bugs and Kisses.  Such a fun set!  I am thinking about making a scrap book page of Mason with it before I return the set to Susie.  I bought sweet sour sugared gummy worms for the jar and they look so cute in there.  I will probably pick up another package before I give it to him to fill it up, but you "get" the idea.
The other package is a package of gummy "lightening" bugs.  They light up when you pick them up with the enclosed tweezers.  When Colleen was here visiting last year, she found them at our Family Dollar store, and she bought a bunch of them to take back for all the little boy's in her life.  She had not seen anything like that in Oregon.  I thought Ben would enjoy these, so I got some for him.
 On this package, I decided to make a belly band to go around it, as the packaging is too cute to cover up!  The label is made with a scallop circle, decorative label, and curly label punches.

Oh....and Mr. Mason is now walking!!!  He started a couple of days ago.  Jen says he still prefers crawling, that he starts out walking but then he gets down and zooms  over crawling.  LOL  He was ecstatic to hear Grammies voice today, and he was trying to say this combination of Grandma and Nana.  And of course anything I asked him he said "yeah".   So cute!  Enjoy the little "bugs" in your life!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment