Friday, September 2, 2011

Rain rain go away....come back some other day....

We had a bad storm here today.  The power was out for about 3 hours in town.  I do not know if the people in the country have power yet or not.  I was fortunate not to have any damage but not everyone was so lucky.  There were trees and branches down all over the place I understand.

Here is a quick card I popped out tonight.  I have the pieces and stamping done for 5 more, but I am tired and I am going to hit the hay.  I have been having a lot of trouble with my eyes and neck this week.   I just got new glasses a couple of months ago, but all of sudden I can not read the computer screen so may be heading back in if this doesn't clear up.

The black and white striped paper on this card is digital paper that I printed out from the computer.  I used a sheet of my old dictionary from the thrift store, for the center portion that I ripped, and I also ripped the real red card stock.  You can see that better in the next photo.  I matted a strip of real red glitter paper that I found in my scrap drawer.  We have red and silver glitter paper in the Holiday mini right now.  And last but not least, I used Real Red and Old Olive markers to ink of the flower from the hostess set Love and Care.  I love, love, love this flower and stamp set.  It is definitely a keeper and will always remain in my collection of stamps.  Some of them I tire of or something better comes along, but this one is a classic, and so very pretty.  Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!  If you are out and about, stop down and say "hi" at the flea market!


No comments:

Post a Comment