Monday, August 31, 2009

Inspired by Nature Cat Tails

This card sample was a big hit at Sandy Wellumson's stamping party. The girls just loved it! The weeds are stamped with the stamp set Inspired by Nature with Old Olive Ink and the verse is from Sincere Salutations. The cat tails are made by punching Chocolate Chip card stock with the slot punch and the verse was stamped on Chocolate Chip with Very Vanilla Craft Ink and punched out with the largest oval punch that Stampin Up has. I had just reinked my craft pad and that is how I got the look of bleaching. I decided to use it as I liked the bleeded effect.
It was a cold day here in Adams, WI. The temperature was suppose to be warmer than yesterday but I am not sure if it was or not. Perhaps I was just colder from sitting out in it for two days. My sister and her family were here today and I had a nice visit with Lenore and Brooke. Bob didn't come and I didn't see much of Ben and Mike. It was nap time when I got home, the extreme weather temperatures do that to me, and I slept for a couple of hours. It took me hours to get warmed up after I got home. I looked through some magazines and watched a bunch of Guiding Light episodes for a couple of hours and got up around 8:30 and started making cards. I just finished the 7th one and I am pretty happy about that. I used a bunch of images I had colored on another day so that made things go pretty fast. I just needed to figure out my layouts. I think I shall go to bed now. Monday's are usually pretty crazy around here. Hopefully no one will call real early! Hint..Hint!!! LOL Make it a great day! Elaine

1 comment:

  1. Like this card...remember seeing it at your house. I am going to have to try and recreate it if I can. I don't have that particular stamp but do have the punch. Maybe mine will have the brown part of the catails and not the stems! LOL!
    Or, I will draw the stems freehand or at least give it a try. Hope you are warmed up by now...I said to Gus yesterday....I wonder if Elaine is "freezing" at the flea market! I was cold here at home and our heat ran early this morning. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete