Friday, December 17, 2010

Honey Mustard Dressing

Hello!  Today I thought I would share with you my latest favorite recipe.  When I was at the quilting retreat last month at Silver Birch Ranch, one of the gals there brought Honey Mustard Dressing that she made and we dipped pretzels in it.  Well, I am a HUGE Honey Mustard fan.  I love any sort of sandwich or salad with it on, and this tasted almost identical to the stuff that I buy in the grocery section above the lettuce.  And it is kind of pricey.  So I asked this gal if she would share the recipe with me and she said sure.  It makes a big batch and is oh so good.  I had some today on a Ham and Cheese sandwich I made with romaine lettuce.  I just spread it on the bread instead of mayo or butter.  Delish!  And I have used it as salad dressing two times on salads this week and it tastes just like the store bought brand.  The original recipe calls for Koops Honey Mustard.  I used Tates today, that I had bought at Aldi's and it is great too.  Enjoy!

2 Cups of Hellman's Mayo
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup Koops Honey Mustard
1 tbsp garlic powder
red pepper flakes (I just sprinkled a little in it)

Chill for a few hours before using it.  I tried to use it right away and you can taste the sugar granules.  If it sits, the flavors and sugar all dissolves in the mayo and it tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment