Monday, December 20, 2010

Button Card

I hadn't done a sketch challenge for awhile so last week I made this card doing last week's Sweet Sunday sketch challenge.  I didn't have a wide scallop punch to do the border so I punched circles out with my 1 1/4" Circle punch and I glued them to the bottom panel to make a faux scalloped border.  The measuring tape from the new Sew Suite set was stamped and cut out, and I wrapped it around the back on the right side so it gives the illusion that it really is a measuring tape.  All the other elements were cut out of the new matching designer paper.  There are 2 whole sheets in the pack of "button cards" that you can cut out!  So cool.  I added a real button to it to add some dimension and also matted it on a layer of card stock.

I had a couple of visitors today, both my mom and Susie were over for visits.  The rest of the day I spent wrapping presents.  I only have a few left to wrap.  I also crocheted 5 flowers, and started crocheting a pair of baby booties for Mason.  I just came to the computer to look up how to do a stitch.  I just love it that with in minutes, I found a 3 minute video showing how to do the stitch.  I just love my computer!!!  Such a wonderful resource!  Stay in, and stay safe!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment